Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Assistant Rules Issues - Previous Value and Intersect

09-21-2017 04:10 AM
DiogoReis
Deactivated User

Hello,

I’ve a question about two Attribute Assistant rules.

First, I need to record the time for the three last editions of my data. Using the Attribute Assistant, I tried to build on the Dynamic Value Table the follow structure:

• Field 1: TimeStamp Rule on editing;
  • Field 2: Previous Value Rule of Field 1 on editing;
  • Field 3: Previous Value Rule of Field 2 on editing.

However when editing the data, I only reach to record the value on Field 1 (Timestamp) and Field 2 (Previous Value of field 1), but field 3 never stores the last change on field 2. Does anyone know if there is some limitation on using the Attribute Assistant like this? Please see the attachment with my configuration.

The second one is about the Intersect rule. I need to store a value from a polygon feature into a point feature field when editing. The data is hosted on a database. However it seems that something is not working. Did anyone reach to use the intersect rule like that? Please see the attachment with my configuration.

Thanks for your help!

Diogo Reis

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Previous value may not register the field change event. Event handleing is disabled during the AA rules, so the rules store the changes. I can look into it.

For intersect, try just the feature class or layer name in the TOC. Make sure the layer is in the map. Do not inlcude database.owner<http://database.owner> info before the layer name.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

DiogoReis
Deactivated User

Hi Michael!

Thanks for the quickly reply! I'll check on that!

Best regards,

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Also what is your rule weight? Make sure timestamp is the highest, first previous value next, then the last previous value the lowest

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I reviewed the source code for the previous value issue.  It is a bug.  I logged it and can work on a fix.

Previous Valve is storing the object after the change, which commits the change · Issue #260 · Esri/... 

DiogoReis
Deactivated User

That's great!

Thanks a lot Michael!

Have a great day!

0 Kudos