Attribute Assistant - delayed field update

Jump to solution
11-09-2017 01:04 AM
BrynMorris-hale
New Contributor II

Hi - I'm looking for some help with my attribute assistant updates. It seems they are delayed or one step behind.

I'm using a Feature Stats Value method to sum a number of columns together. These are quarter totals for the year and the result is a year figure. This is working fine. I then have another Feature Stat that sums all of these year totals to get a final figure. However this doesn't updated straight away, it seems only after I have entered another value does it update based on the first value entered, so it always seems to be one step behind. 

I've tried changing the weighting and putting the final sum to the end but this doesn't work. 

Interestingly when I use the attribute assistant toolbar and 'run change rules for selected features' it updates and corrects everything and it works fine.

I've attached my dynamic value table. The rules that are delayed or one step behind are OBJECTID16 and 17. Total Compl and Total Commit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrynMorris-hale
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael, Sorry for the delayed reply. I tested that and it works! I really appreciate your help on this. Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Any chance you can post a GDB with the dynamic value table and the Housing_Monitoring table so I can run through this and see what is happening

0 Kudos
BrynMorris-hale
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael, could I email this to you as its confidential?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Yes, but feel free to include no data, just a schema.  I can fake out a few features.  mmiller@esri.com

0 Kudos
BrynMorris-hale
New Contributor II

thanks I've sent you an email

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Bryn,

Sorry for the delay, was out on vacation.  I reviewed the sample.  I believe the issue is with the field weight.  The higher number runs first.  So switch your feature stats for the fields to run first, meaning a higher field weight number,  I set them all to 35.  Then your summary of each year, say 30, then the final expression last, say 20.  Weights are just relative.  Like label weights.

BrynMorris-hale
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael, Sorry for the delayed reply. I tested that and it works! I really appreciate your help on this. Cheers.

0 Kudos