Set Flow by Digitized Direction

04-19-2012 10:45 AM
Labels (1)
LornaMurison
Occasional Contributor
I have a river network within a watershed of just under 5000 square km.  The digitized direction represents the direction of flow.  Apparently there are two ways to set the flow direction:
1) Identify sinks and sources.  I don't have either, and can't think of a way to quickly generate them for over 40,000 segments.
2) Use a tool such as this: http://edndoc.esri.com/arcobjects/8.3/Samples/Network/Utility%20Network%20Analysis/Flow%20Direction%....  I have tried installing the .dll but I get a message saying "no new objects were added".  Could this be because I don't have administrative rights on this machine?

Any suggestions?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
Lorna,

You may want to actually use this tool as it sets the flow direction of ALL polylines in a geometric network. As for your error I guess thats your problem.

Duncan
0 Kudos
LornaMurison
Occasional Contributor
True, that is the tool I need.
Still won't let me load the dll though.
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
Lorna,

FYI I've got ArcGIS 10 and was able to add the DLL to ArcMap without any error and then drag the button onto a toolbar although I did not use it. This would indicate that it's a permission issue for you and you need to get IT "support" to help you.

Duncan
0 Kudos