Redirect ArcHydro 2. temp directory

Jump to solution
11-28-2012 01:10 PM
Labels (1)
TimHaeusler
New Contributor
Hi,

Someone else asked my question a year or so ago and there were no replies but I thought I would give it another go.

I would like to know if there is a way to redirect the ArcHydro Temp directory to another drive. I am using ArcHydro 2.1.0.116 with ArcGIS 10 on XP.  The currrent default directory for archydro's temp data is on the c: drive.  Due to either HP's or our IT Departments infinite wisdom the c: drive sits on a small partition so  I need to redirect the temp directory to another drive.  I am using large datasets so anytime archydro has more than 2 intermediate grids in its calculations it uses all the space and falls over.  I have removed programs and cleaned up the c: as much as I can, I delete the temp directory by using the feature in archydro but it still does not give me enough space.  I have tried to redirect ArcMap's general temp directory to my d: drive but this has no effect on ArcHydro files they still go to the c:.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Tim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
Arc Hydro is using your default windows temp environment.
In XP, you can change it by right-clicking MyComputer (on your desktop or in windows explorer) and select Properties.
Then click the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables.
Modify the path for the TEMP user variable.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
Arc Hydro is using your default windows temp environment.
In XP, you can change it by right-clicking MyComputer (on your desktop or in windows explorer) and select Properties.
Then click the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables.
Modify the path for the TEMP user variable.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos