HecGeoRas, XS measurements are way off

12-07-2012 06:44 AM
Labels (1)
KyleMacDonald
New Contributor
I have been working along on a project and teaching myself with help from local resource. I have run in to a problem with my interface with Arc GIS, Hec Geo Ras and Hec Ras. I was hoping that you may shed some light on the subject or refer me to someone that could help.  I have been getting conflicting measurements from GIS into Hec Ras. I would measure two cross-section that are constraining a Bridge or Dam in Arch GIS and then compare this to the measurement give to me in HecRas between two of the same xsection. The measurements are much different from one another. I have check and recheck units and  my projection NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_19N, That includes all layer that are required for HecGeo Ras, and my TIN. My elevation data is NED Elevation raster data if that helps. The only different projection on the GIS map is the base map that is in GCS_WGS_1984 that should not change anything.  Please let me know if you think you can help out with this problem with some helpful hits and troubleshooting Ideas. Thank you
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies