Installation...Again...

Jump to solution
03-28-2014 07:41 AM
Labels (1)
ScottMcGrane
New Contributor
Hello all,

I'm trying to install ArcHydro so I can run some of the functionality for drainage systems and delineation of storm drain catchments.

I've downloaded everything from the FTP website today and have installed ApFramework first. When I then try to install the ArcHydro version (for 10.1), I get an error message telling me I have the wrong version of ApFramework and to uninstall any other programmes using the incorrect version and try again.

Any ideas? I've no idea what I have installed that's running ApFramework.

Cheers in advance,

Scott
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Scott,

AppFramework has been bundled with the ArcHydroTools for quite some time, no longer a separate install.  Review the 'Readme.doc' for the current state of the ArcHydroTools and related projects.

You need to go back to the mft secure transfer site and grab the ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.zip uninstaller from the ApRegWork directory.

Set the 'Search text' to Run against ALL components.  Allow it to complete. Then reboot.

Then grab the ArcHydroTools 10.1 (build v10.1.0.258), or maybe the GeoHMS 10.1 Beta (build v10.1.0.64) if you are going to follow HEC HMS procedure.

Install should proceed with all needed components as bundled with either build (GeoHMS installs a bundled build ArcHydroTools prior to its run).

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Scott,

AppFramework has been bundled with the ArcHydroTools for quite some time, no longer a separate install.  Review the 'Readme.doc' for the current state of the ArcHydroTools and related projects.

You need to go back to the mft secure transfer site and grab the ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.zip uninstaller from the ApRegWork directory.

Set the 'Search text' to Run against ALL components.  Allow it to complete. Then reboot.

Then grab the ArcHydroTools 10.1 (build v10.1.0.258), or maybe the GeoHMS 10.1 Beta (build v10.1.0.64) if you are going to follow HEC HMS procedure.

Install should proceed with all needed components as bundled with either build (GeoHMS installs a bundled build ArcHydroTools prior to its run).

Stuart
0 Kudos
ScottMcGrane
New Contributor
Stuart,

Very much obliged for the response and guidance.

I'll follow your instructions and hopefully get some joy that way 🙂

Best wishes,

Scott
0 Kudos
ScottMcGrane
New Contributor
Cheers Stuart.

Worked a charm.
0 Kudos