Select to view content in your preferred language

HEC-GeoHMS Bug Report?

02-14-2013 09:40 AM
Labels (1)
PeterWilson
Regular Contributor
I wish to find out from the rest of the community if they are still experiencing crashes from HEC-GeoHMS? I downloaded HEC-GeoHMS version 10.0.0.118 hoping that it would resolve the bug when I open the ArcToolbox window within ArcCatalog it immediately crashes ArcCatalog and the only way to get ArcCatalog to open again is to delete the Normal.gxt. When I installed the updated version of HEC-GeoHMS the following bug still persisted and if I try to open the Geoprocessing Options it crashes ArcCatalog. As soon as I removed the following version and re-installed my older version of HEC-GeoHMS from last year September I was able to open the Geoprocessing Options within ArcCatalog. The reason that I run my ArcHydro and GeoHMS from ArcCatalog is that I've developed models and scripts to automate my workflow in order not to have to create mxds and which has drastically improved the performance of me processing large study areas.

Please can we create a better means of identifying bugs and the ability of reporting bugs within ArcHydro and HEC software. I do realise that HEC is responsible for HEC software and that ESRI is supporting HEC, but I believe everyone within the water community that uses HEC and ArcHydro would greatly appreciate it, and it would improve the stability of the software.

Regards
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBoucher
Regular Contributor II
The reason that I run my ArcHydro and GeoHMS from ArcCatalog is that I've developed models and scripts to automate my workflow in order not to have to create mxds and which has drastically improved the performance of me processing large study areas.

That's awesome, Peter. I hope to get there some day.
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Regular Contributor
Hi Mark

Thanks, its taken a while to work out a way to automate ArcHydro and HEC-GeoHMS to meet our requirements for various projects. I'm currently updating one of my existing models to either run subwatersheds\watersheds based on if else statement and having the results written to a report which I supply to the engineers for modelling and structure design.

Let me know if you need any assistance to get started with constructing a model using modelbuilder and python.

Regards
0 Kudos