Hydraulic Analysis

03-14-2012 08:24 AM
Labels (1)
GarrettDendy
New Contributor
My company has been using a software for hydraulic analysis that calculates Pressure, Hydraulic Grade, Flow Rates, Velocities, Residential Analysis, etc. for Water and Gas systems.  Can ArcGIS create the same calculations?  I am running ArcInfo, but I do not have any of the cool extensions such as 3-D Analysis, which would help on profiling water/gas lines and etc.  I do not have the Spatial Analysis extension which would help with contour interpolation etc.  Besides the two extensions listed, what else is out there to help calculate such data for Gas and Water Systems?  I have heard of ArcHydro but I believe it is more for watersheds and surface water and such.  I am needing something that will work off a network of pipes and junctions.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Garrett
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III
Garrett,
   I think ArcFM (ArcGIS Extension) could solve your problem, ArcFM is a powerful extension of ESRI's ArcGIS 9 platform that provides a complete enterprise utility solution for editing, modeling, maintenance, and management of facility information for electric, gas, and water/wastewater utilities. for further detail see this link (http://www.onegis.net/WhitePapers/arcfmwp9.pdf)
0 Kudos
GarrettDendy
New Contributor
I read the literature about ArcFM, it seems more like a management tool. It will work great with billing cycles and data management. However I do not think it is capable of computing pressure, flow rates, velocities, residential analysis, and such.  Thank you for the link, I will continue to look to see what is out there.

Thanks,
Garrett
0 Kudos
neilo_brien
New Contributor
Yes, i too think that ArcFM is not the tool which you are searching for. It is really not capable of measuring the pressures and flow rates.
0 Kudos
EricButler
New Contributor
A quick search came back with this:

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2009/04/27/gis-hydraulic-modeling/

Hopefully you'll find something useful there.
0 Kudos
bredonadam
New Contributor
software are very helpful in making small time measurements in hydraulic systems.you should to use some other tool rather then ArchFM.There are various online software available for hydraulic measurements.
0 Kudos
JordanJordanovski
New Contributor
My company has been using a software for hydraulic analysis that calculates Pressure, Hydraulic Grade, Flow Rates, Velocities, Residential Analysis, etc. for Water and Gas systems.  Can ArcGIS create the same calculations?  I am running ArcInfo, but I do not have any of the cool extensions such as 3-D Analysis, which would help on profiling water/gas lines and etc.  I do not have the Spatial Analysis extension which would help with contour interpolation etc.  Besides the two extensions listed, what else is out there to help calculate such data for Gas and Water Systems?  I have heard of ArcHydro but I believe it is more for watersheds and surface water and such.  I am needing something that will work off a network of pipes and junctions.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Garrett

Hello Garrett,

I was wondering what software uses your company for hydraulic analysis and calculations for Gas systems. My company wants to buy this kind of software, so maybe you can help me. We also looked up SynerGEE GAS.

Thank you in advance,

Jordan
0 Kudos