Error while catchment polygon processing

11-23-2010 11:17 PM
KajsaBovin
New Contributor
Hello!

When I use ArcHydroTools I cannot perform the step "Catchment polygon processing".
First I get the message "5, Invalid procedure call or argument". After pressing ok I get the message "Error occured while Catchment poygon processing!". All the previous steps work.

I have seen on older ESRI forums that other people had the same problem. There were several suggestions on how to solve this problem. I have tried to reinstall Hydro Tools, emptying the Temp-folder, checking that all the folder names in the project are shorter than 8 characters, the Spatial analyst is activated in ArcMap and so on, but nothing works.

Is there anyone who have had this problem and know how to solve it?

Regards,
Kamabo
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
LornaMurison
Occasional Contributor
have you installed xml and apframework?
0 Kudos
KajsaBovin
New Contributor
Hi!
Yes, I have installed both XML and AP Framework.

The first time I made the installation I started with the AP Framework, then ArcHydro and at last XML. Then I realized that I should have made the installation in another order and I thought that was the problem.

So I reinstalled everything with XML first, AP Framework after that and ArcHydro last. But it still doesn't work.

Do you know any other possible explanation?

Thanks!

PS. I'm using ArcGIS 9.3.1 and ArcHydro 1.3
0 Kudos
JeffLee
New Contributor II
Kasja;

I would also check if you have Microsoft .NET framework 2.0.  Otherwise I would upgrade, looks like you have an old version of ArcHydro.  Mine is version 1.4 and dated december 8 2009.
0 Kudos
KajsaBovin
New Contributor
Hi!
Yes, I have Microsoft .NET framework 2.0.

Do you know where I can find and download ArcHydro 1.4?
The version 1.3 I found on this webpage: http://resources.arcgis.com/content/hydro-data-model
0 Kudos
JeffLee
New Contributor II
Kasja;

You can go to this webpage http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/ and download Hec-GeoHMS, look on the left side of the page under latest software releases.  it will install ArcHydro for you since it is a prerequisite to use HEC-geoHMS.  Make sure that you remove all applications related to previous ARC Hydro installs and clean off your registry before installing.   The nice thing about using the HEC-geoHMS install is that everything is install for you automatically, so you don't have to worry about if you have installed the various required software in the correct order.
0 Kudos
KajsaBovin
New Contributor
Hi again!
Thank you for the suggestion to install a more recent version! That was the problem so now it works!!!

I finally found the version 1.4 by sending an email to ArcHydro. On the webpage http://resources.arcgis.com/content/hydro-data-model there was a text saying:
"If you are interested in downloading the most recent version of the ArcHydro tools please contact ArcHydro", and a link to an email address. Then I could get ArcHydro from ESRI's ftp-site.

Hec-GeoHMS sounds like a good way to install ArcHydro, it's a bit tricky sometimes with all the steps in the ArHydro installation. I'll try that next time!

Thank you for your help!!!

/Kajsa
0 Kudos