Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcHydro in ArcGIS 10; error running longest flow path function.  Help!!

02-17-2011 11:26 AM
Labels (1)
AnneWynn
New Contributor II
I keep getting this error message when I try to run the longest flow path tool using the newest ArcHydro extension in ArcGIS 10:

WARNING 010353: The environmental cell size is ignored
What does this mean??

I was able to make this tool work in ArcGIS 9.3!

Someone please help me!!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnneWynn
New Contributor II
I am going to have to reinstall ArcMap 9.3 in order to get ArcHydro tools to work properly.  Wish these tools were more user friendly and also that the ArcHydro support was more helpful.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Anne,

Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm getting the same error message when I try to run Longest Flow Path tools, using ArcGIS 10.1, and the latest version of ArcHydro.

Thanks,
Brendan
0 Kudos
GenevieveWalters
New Contributor
I am also having this error.  Does anyone know how to fix it?
0 Kudos
ShuhaiZheng
New Contributor III
I am running GeoHMS (version 10.1.0.42) on ArcGIS 10.1, and got same error message while running the Longest Flow Path. The error message is listed below:

WARNING 010353: The environmental cell size is ignored.
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.ITopologicalOperator.Intersect(IGeometry other, esriGeometryDimension resultDimension)
   at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.ComputeLongestFlowpath(ApLayers apLayers, Int32 debug, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage, IRaster costRaster)
Failed to execute (LongestFlowpath).
Failed at Mon May 20 11:34:22 2013 (Elapsed Time: 3 hours 17 minutes 11 seconds)

If anyone has a solution, please post it here. Thanks.
0 Kudos
ShuhaiZheng
New Contributor III
With latest Geo-HMS build up, one can run the Longest Flow Path funtion on a selected set of streams at once. Thanks to the software development team for making this new option available.
0 Kudos
ZichuanYe
Esri Contributor
(1) WARNING 010353: The environmental cell size is ignored. 
  please check on: http://help.arcgis.com/EN/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00vq00000005010353.htm
(2)  at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.ITopologicalOperator.Intersect(IGeometry other, esriGeometryDimension resultDimension)
  the data you used for this operation could be coming from data of different projections/spatial-references.

Zichuan

I am running GeoHMS (version 10.1.0.42) on ArcGIS 10.1, and got same error message while running the Longest Flow Path. The error message is listed below:

WARNING 010353: The environmental cell size is ignored.
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.ITopologicalOperator.Intersect(IGeometry other, esriGeometryDimension resultDimension)
   at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.ComputeLongestFlowpath(ApLayers apLayers, Int32 debug, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage, IRaster costRaster)
Failed to execute (LongestFlowpath).
Failed at Mon May 20 11:34:22 2013 (Elapsed Time: 3 hours 17 minutes 11 seconds)

If anyone has a solution, please post it here. Thanks.
0 Kudos
MONICALISSETHPULIDORAMIREZ
New Contributor

Tenia el mismo error 010353 y pude solucionarlo proyectando nuevamente los archivos de entrada  raster y vectorial) en un mismo sistema de coordenadas.

0 Kudos