ArcGIS Pro Tutorial & Sample Data

09-18-2019 09:30 PM
EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone know if there are any ArcGIS Pro workflows that support flood inundation modeling? I am looking to eventually replicate what Texas Emergency Management did with their Pin2Flood solution that shows dynamic flood inundation models.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric Shreve

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Eric - have you seen the Flood Planning|ArcGIS Solution here?  It's designed for ArcMap rather than ArcGIS Pro but may provide insight to workflows perhaps?

EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Robert,

Sorry for the late response. I have looked at this solution a couple years ago and see the value that it brings to flood/mitigation planning. I think the part that is tripping me up is creating Inundation Feature Polygons. The documentation says "use engineering-quality inundation polygons created using hydrological modeling tools". How would I be able to generate that content within ArcGIS Desktop? Would that be through a program such as HAZUS?

Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Eric - great question!  I wonder if the ArcHydro team would know how to create the polygons?  They do have a GeoNet page located here.  Dean Djokic is one of the admins on that page.  Could be work a question on that page?

0 Kudos