Arc hydro dem reconditioning problems

690
4
01-05-2018 02:09 AM
Labels (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I will start by apologizing if this question has already been answered. I was trying to browse the community but without luck.

Anyway... I have installed ArcHydro tools on my desktop version of ArcGIS 10.4.1. When I'm trying to use DEM Reconditioning to burn in stream features into my filled DEM I end up with a raster consisting of only the stream lines rather than the whole DEM with linear sinks in the topography. I have attatched a picture for reference.

This error has also occured for me when I'm using raster calculator to take a raster version of the stream lines and subtract te original DEM by the stream raster.

Is anyone familiar with this tool and associated problem? What am I doing wrong? I'm all out of ideas as how to solve it.

Stream lines

DEM 

Reply
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi David.

I apologize if this is a silly question, but have you made sure its not just a symbology issue (symbolize by current display extent and zoom in to an area without streams)?

I've had the raster calculator issue that you mention, but not the DEM reconditioning problem.

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

David Ström,

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I'm having a similar issue all of a sudden, seemingly only with one particular DEM.

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Unfortunatly I did not due to deadlines and such forcing me to progress with other methods.

From what I have gathered over time it seems like the ArcGIS software suffers from bugs when it comes to built in tools, these tend to grow when working in server folders. 

I'm not saying this is the case for us here. However I have encounterd many situations when a certain operation works just fine on C: while it does not on a server. Or when re-run.

Sorry I could not provided a solution and feel free to comment if you find one. 

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Thanks David Ström‌,

I was able to get it running correctly by moving the Raw DEM, the AGREE Stream, and my target locations to the C drive. I also started a new .mxd and made sure the DEM and the AGREE Stream were in the same coordinate system, but I'm pretty sure moving to C: was the ticket.

Thanks for the reply!

Reply
0 Kudos