Arc Hydro Installation - Versions and Documentation

08-04-2014 07:11 AM
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

Arc Hydro Documentation

https://community.esri.com/t5/water-resources-documents/tkb-p/water-resources-docs

Arc Hydro versions available

ArcGIS Version

Arc Hydro Version

ArcGIS Pro

https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/water-resources/arc-hydro/downloads#arc-hydro-for-arcgis-pro

ArcMap

9.3 - 10.8.x

https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/water-resources/arc-hydro/downloads#arc-hydro-for-arcmap

Notes

You need to download the following patches:

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

36 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III

I found the 10.6 versions. Are they working?

0 Kudos
PeterWilson

Hi ArcHydro Community 

I've been using ArcGIS 10.3.1 for quite a while with ArcHydro 10.3.0.78 and due to my python package that I've developed have been reluctant to upgrade to ArcGIS 10.6. I wanted to find out from Christine Dartiguenave‌ if there are any major changes from ArcHydro 10.3 to 10.6 version that would break my existing code, before making the leap.

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

No major code changes. However there are a few issues with some of the underlying functions at 10.6/10.6.1.

As we are testing Arc Hydro, we are working with the developers to get those resolved. So I would wait a little before upgrading until a

“raster” patch is released.

Christine

0 Kudos
PeterWilson

Hi Christine Dartiguenave

Thanks for the update, really appreciate you taking the time to get back to me. I'll wait a bit longer then thanks

0 Kudos
RobbynAbbitt
New Contributor III

We have updated our ArcHydro to version 10.6 with ArcMap.  Our current documentation was from when the tools were on a toolbar.  Is there updated documentation for the Toolbox Version of AH?  (We've found this:  http://downloads.esri.com/archydro/archydro/tutorial/doc/arc%20hydro%20tools%202.0%20-%20tutorial.pd... ) but it has a date of 2011.  Thanks in advance!

EricStetser
New Contributor II

I am also attempting to utilize ArcHydro with ArcMap 10.6.0 and am finding it challenging because of a lack of a tutorial that matches the current tool set and workflows.  I don't have experience with the prior versions of ArcHydro but am well versed in ArcGIS.  Would it be possible to get current training materials since no ArcHydro classes are currently scheduled?

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

We are not planning to update the basic step by step tutorial. I started doing just that and with more than 250 tools and many options on how to implement your workflows, it quickly became a nightmare to develop and maintain. So now our objectives are to try to document each tool in the Python toolbox itself and to develop some workflow oriented documentation, similar to what we have done for stormwater. We are planning to revisit the main terrain preprocessing workflows and are finalizing an updated stormwater and a new flood oriented document.

If there are any area/workflows that you would like to see documented beside those?

As for the Arc Hydro training, you can contact Dean Djokic (ddjokic@esri.com). He schedules and teaches them, and will be conducting 2 workshops at the Water Conference next year (on stormwater and on flood).

Christine Dartiguenave

0 Kudos
Jill_Andrea_Stokes
New Contributor III

Help please.

Downloaded and attempted to install 2019.04.01 ArcHydroTools10.6.0.34 for use with Windows 2016 server, ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 (Citrix environment). Error message received. Why does this require .NET 3.5 (incl 2.0 and 3.0) be installed when that is not a system requirement for ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1? The requirement is .NET 4.5 or higher. 

0 Kudos
MichelleTanner
New Contributor III

Hi ArcHydro team! I am new to Arc Hydro, but definitely well-versed in ArcGIS. I am attempting to use Arc Hydro for stormwater catchment delineation. As I follow the Stormwater Processing guidance, it appears that I am missing some tools (I've download the toolbox for both Pro and ArcMap...). Should this be happening? Why would some of the tools be missing in the toolbox?

I specifically am looking for some some of the feature editing tools: 

1. Create Pipe Outlets

2. Create Overland Flow Connectors

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

We are in the process of migrating/testing the Arc Hydro Tools from ArcMap into Pro, this is why you only see a subset in Pro. In addition, some of the capabilities needed to support the stormwater processes are not yet available in Pro (tracing our hydro network) and should be available at the beginning of next year. So at this time, you need to use the Arc Hydro Tools Python in ArcMap for stormwater.

Christine Dartiguenave

0 Kudos