Select to view content in your preferred language

Importing 3GIS data into ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-20-2023 12:50 PM
BrianCox694
New Contributor

I am wondering if anyone here uses both 3GIS and ArcGIS Pro in their jobs. I am waiting for my PC and AcrGIS Pro 3.1. I will be creating network map PDFs in Pro from exported in 3GIS. I have only been using 3 GIS since starting this role last week, The maps will include cable hierarchies, hut point location, and LCP (Local Convergence Ppoint) locations for crews to use in the field. Have you experienced any quirks migrating the 3GIS File Geodatabases  and/or Shapefiles into ArcGIS Pro? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Wright_3-GIS
New Contributor

Hi @BrianCox694 

Maybe others here can provide you with their personal experiences dong this, however moving data from a geodatabase export of 3-GIS into ArcGIS Pro should be pretty straight forward.  All of the data in 3-GIS is stored in a standard ESRI format with separate feature classes for the fiber cable, structures (cabinets, manholes & poles) and splice points.  Each of these feature classes will have normal esri attributes in plain text so there is  nothing to decode.   If  what you are given is a standard export from 3-GIS in a geodatabase you should be able to add the data directly to your Pro Project and start symbolizing to build your map!  

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes or you have any other questions.

Andrew Wright

Director of Product 3-GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Andrew_Wright_3-GIS
New Contributor

Hi @BrianCox694 

Maybe others here can provide you with their personal experiences dong this, however moving data from a geodatabase export of 3-GIS into ArcGIS Pro should be pretty straight forward.  All of the data in 3-GIS is stored in a standard ESRI format with separate feature classes for the fiber cable, structures (cabinets, manholes & poles) and splice points.  Each of these feature classes will have normal esri attributes in plain text so there is  nothing to decode.   If  what you are given is a standard export from 3-GIS in a geodatabase you should be able to add the data directly to your Pro Project and start symbolizing to build your map!  

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes or you have any other questions.

Andrew Wright

Director of Product 3-GIS

BrianCox694
New Contributor

Excellent, this was exactly what I was wondering. I have only used Pro and ArcMap in previous roles and am eager to get access to ArcGIS Pro. I was given a MacBook and requested to exchange it for a proper PC running Windows OS. Just waiting at the moment to get things started. Thanks for your feedback on this Andrew! 

0 Kudos