Select to view content in your preferred language

Collector problem sharing a map with a hosted feature layer. Why won't it work?

04-09-2019 03:09 AM
JackBuckley3
Emerging Contributor

From My Content, I built a point feature layer for students to collect information about a vernal pool on their campus. I shared the hosted feature layer with everyone and, therefore, with the ArcGIS org in which it was made. I checked Settings to make sure it was editable. I added the layer to a map and shared the map. I checked map settings and it's shared. Everything is shared and editable, as far as I can determine.

I can view it in Collector, edit it in Collector, view edits in ArcGIS Online, etc. It works fine for me. However, teachers in the Org, including one of the administrators of the account, can't access my map in ArcGIS Online or in Collector. 

Any idea what's going on?

Jack

0 Kudos
2 Replies
InaAhern
Regular Contributor

Hi Jack-

I'm not positive, but I have two ideas:

1.  Are all the layers in the map also shared the same way as the map?  I know that frequently now AGO will warn you when you go to share a map if the layers aren't shared, but sometimes it doesn't seem to.

2.  In addition to sharing with the organization, is the map also shared with a group?  It's been awhile since I used Collector, and I'm just getting to the point we're setting up our data collection projects for the spring now, but if I remember correctly Collector requires that the map be shared with a specific group and not just with the organization.

....and a question...

How are the teachers accessing the map, and what error message is being returned when they do?

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but perhaps this will generate some thoughts from someone else...

Ina

0 Kudos
JackBuckley3
Emerging Contributor

I did get the same answer about sharing the item with a group; thanks- and sorry for the delayed expression of appreciation!

Jack

0 Kudos