X-Ray Window

12-12-2012 11:35 AM
DougWilson
New Contributor
What is the secret to getting the X-Ray for Catalog 10.1 window to appear?  Employee has downloaded Add-In, install says successful, went to Customize > Extensions > and checked X-Ray Extension for Geodatabases.  When I did it on my machine, window popped up automatically.  Fellow employee has done the same exact thing, no window appears.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
You can add the Xray for ArcCatalog button to your ArcGIS Desktop UI and use that to open the Xray Window.
0 Kudos
JamesCurcio
New Contributor
I have that problem too. I added the X-Ray Window Toggle button to my toolbar, but it doesn't bring any window up.
0 Kudos
JamesCurcio
New Contributor
I closed Arc Catalog and reopened and it appeared, although the button is now gone.
0 Kudos
FridjofSchmidt
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I just installed the X-Ray for Geodatabases Add-In on a machine with ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 SP5. The Add-In appears in the Add-In Manager, but there is no X-Ray Extension in the Extensions window, there is no X-Ray dockable window, and there is no Show X-Ray window button (not even an Add-In Controls category) in the Customize window. What am I missing...?
0 Kudos
JesseJoe
New Contributor III
Hi there,

I experienced what you guys have been getting, here's my work-around for it:

In ArcCatalog / Customize / Customize Mode /
1. click 'Add from File' button and pick the X-ray AddInFile
2. In the commands tab, find the recently added x-ray command tool and with the window to the right, 'drag out' the x-ray button to dock onto your tool bar.
3. go to Customize / Extensions / Click to make available X-ray Extension, which is now available.
4. Go back and remove the docked x-ray tool bar.

This should work, I've done it multiple times, good luck!!!

Jesse
GIS Technician / Town of Sidney, BC, Canada