Select to view content in your preferred language

Subdivision Replat - Cut from existing or overlap original subdivision

Jump to solution
05-22-2013 06:40 AM
Labels (1)
JamiePetersen
Frequent Contributor
I need some help understanding a concept:  I have a replatting of an area within an existing subdivision.  How should this be treated within the fabric?  Do I use the "New Subdivision" workflow?  This seems that it would make a new subdivision that would overlap the existing subdivision - is that correct?  Or should replattings be treated more like a split where the original subdivision boundary is modified (doughnut holed) and the remainder is treated as the new replatting?  Thanks in advance for any insight.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWomack
Deactivated User
You will have to use Parcel Remainder to create the "donut". That is part of the workflow for New Subdivisions. The old Subdivision shape will be made historic. if you are using the automated "Parcel Workflows", I have noticed a bug in the workflow when it comes to Parcel Remainders. Make sure the end result is what you want. You may have to step through the process without using the automated feature.
Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisCorwin
Frequent Contributor
Jamie,
I am not versed in the workflows, I am old school and do all my work without those. If you have a subdivision boundary and then you have parcel boundaries inside that subdivision. It would seem to me, if they replated some of the parcels inside of the subdivision. You would only want to modify those parcels. My workflow would likely be to construct the new parcels, join them in the proper location overtop the old parcels and then make the old parcels historic. Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
ChrisWomack
Deactivated User
You will have to use Parcel Remainder to create the "donut". That is part of the workflow for New Subdivisions. The old Subdivision shape will be made historic. if you are using the automated "Parcel Workflows", I have noticed a bug in the workflow when it comes to Parcel Remainders. Make sure the end result is what you want. You may have to step through the process without using the automated feature.
Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
Frequent Contributor
Thank you for the responses. They have helped me formulate my solution.
Here's my summary workflow for replatting an existing subdivision (confirmed and working quite well):
1.  Use the New Subdivision Workflow (Creates new Subdivision Parcel, creates Tax Parcel Parcel Remainder(s), creates new Lots, & creates new Tax Parcels.

Because the New Subdivision Workflow only creates Tax Parcel Parcel Remainders and doesn't do anything with the Subdivision Parcel or the original Lot Parcels, the next two steps are required:

2.  Using the newly created Subdivision Parcel as the cutting polygon, create a Parcel Remainder of the original Subdivision Parcel (Remainder assigned same name/plan as original subdivision).  Original Subdivision is now historic with the Remainder active.
3.  Again, using the newly created subdivision as the cutting polygon, create Lot Parcel Parcel Remainder(s) from the original Lot(s) within the original Subdivision Parcel (Remainders assigned same name/plan as original). Original Lot(s) are now historic with the Remainder active.