Parks and Rec Finder Issues

06-07-2013 07:00 AM
CraigMcDade
Occasional Contributor III
I'm trying to upgrade to the newest version of the Parks and Recreation Finder Application. There seem to be some fairly substantial changes in how the config file is to be completed vs how it was in the previous versions.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but after pointing the config data to my own services, I can't seem to be able to search for anything or populate a pop up. The loading icon just continues to restart.

I've checked the help but it is still referencing the old config.txt file not the new config.js file, so I'm not exactly sure what or where to go from here.
0 Kudos
15 Replies
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor
Hi Sandi,

What version of the data model are you using? If you are using 10.1 then you will need to make the changes that I noted in the above post. Or if you are just putting your data into the MPK that was provided above it should work.

In your post you mentioned you have relationships within the data model to support comments. The 10.2 version of the application (what you grabbed on Github)handles relationships in the code (JSON) not in the data model or mxd. So, within the parks.mxd you should not have a join to the comment table, if you are using the configuration the way it was on github. 

Hope this helps,
Lindsay
0 Kudos
SandiStroud
New Contributor
Mike, I did lint the file and the only error was one regarding the tiny url for sharing the map.  An answer to your question is yes, I can reproduce the unending scroll by either clicking on a single point or after doing the search query...same issue.  I suspect this does hae something to do with the attachments and/or the comments.  What is odd though is that the unending loop doesn't happen when the activities portion of the info box aren't mapped.

Lindsey, I am not using the old parks data model because I'm using a different dataset.  I modeled it slightly off of that though for query functionality.  I have the feature class and a related table set up for the comments.  I have the functionality to accept attachments turned on as well.

I think it has to be something in the service settings OR there is a bug when you map unique activities other than the ones in the canned data.  Also, I did create my own .png files and they do populate the search box.

here is the url: http://gis.baltometro.org/application/newhd/
here is my services directory to see the feature service i've published:http://gis.baltometro.org/arcgis/rest/services/harvestdirectory/FeatureServer

I'm going to try and take the relate off and see if that helps.
0 Kudos
SandiStroud
New Contributor

I'm going to try and take the relate off and see if that helps.

This did not work; I can send config if needed.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor
Hi Sandi,

I think Business_Name should be new_harvest here:

//Set the name attribute for parks
    ParkName: "${Business_Name}",

and in the config the field COMMENTS is written but your services is Comment.

That will need to be updated too.

let me know if that helps.
-Lindsay
0 Kudos
SandiStroud
New Contributor
Darn, I was hoping the "s" would be the fix but it wasn't.  I did correct the field name to show comment.  Also, I tried changing then name attribute and that changed nothing.

Interesting though, the ParkName attribute set to business_name, when I search for a business I also get the unending loop of loading.

Wondering if its something tied to the ParkName?
0 Kudos
SandiStroud
New Contributor
I've been out on vacation for a week and was disappointed no updates yet; have there been any further updates to the issues described below?

Thanks,
Sandi
0 Kudos