Error with Parks Finder 10.2

Jump to solution
03-07-2014 05:49 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mechaluce

I have published a feature service of my parks to use in the application.  They show up just fine in my map, however when I click one of the park features, I get an error saying "Unable to complete operation."  When I click Ok, I get the pop-up attribute information about the feature anyway minus the activities and their corresponding icons.  I get the same "Unable to complete operation" error when I do a search by park and activity.  The parks and activity searched will appear in my pop-up results, just not the corresponding activity icons.  I'm not sure what else it could be about the activities that may be doing this or if it even has something to do with that.  I initially thought that it had something to do with not having domain values assigned to each of the activity fields so I went ahead and assigned a YesNo coded value to my activity fields.  That didn't fix the problem.  I thought my FieldName input in the config.js was the problem but that wasn't it. I'm stumped and out of ideas so if anybody out there has any suggestions, feel free to throw them my way.   Thanks in advanced!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor
I reached out to ESRI Customer Support.  They said I needed to have attachments enabled in my parks feature layer.  Sure enough, that fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III
Hey,

Can you upload a sample of your config.js file?

I had the same problem and I forgot what I did to fix it 😕  Make sure your config.js is formatted properly.  See example below of part of the activities code section:

//Activities to be displayed in info window for a feature
    Activities: [{
        FieldName: "${RESTROOM}",
        Alias: "Restrooms Available",
        Image: "images/restrooms.png",
        isSelected: true
    }, {
        FieldName: "${ADACOMPLY}",
        Alias: "ADA Compliant",
        Image: "images/ada compliant.png"
    }, {
        FieldName: "${SWIMMING}",
        Alias: "Swimming",
        Image: "images/swimming.png"
    }, {
        FieldName: "${HIKING}",
        Alias: "Hiking",
        Image: "images/hiking.png"
    }, {

Thanks,

Luci
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mechaluce

Hey,

Can you upload a sample of your config.js file?

I had the same problem and I forgot what I did to fix it 😕  Make sure your config.js is formatted properly.  See example below of part of the activities code section:

Thanks,

Luci

Luci,

Thanks for your response.  I believe I have my config.js formatted properly and according to the naming convention I've got in my feature service REST page.  I have switched back and forth between other formats to try to narrow it down but was unsuccessful in resolving the problem.  Please see screenshots for reference.  Is there anything that you see from the two that might be off?  I do have the Restroom option commented out but have tried it not commented out as well.
0 Kudos
MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor
I reached out to ESRI Customer Support.  They said I needed to have attachments enabled in my parks feature layer.  Sure enough, that fixed the issue.
0 Kudos