Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I change a mouse click event in the Election Polling Places app?

Jump to solution
04-02-2015 08:34 AM
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

I have the Election Polling Place web mapping application downloaded and configured to my organizational account. After showing it to our County Clerk to make sure everything was accurate, she pointed something out to me. When she would click on a star on the map (indicating a poll place), the pop up window appears showing information about that location. She would also look at the bottom panel that shows elected officials, and she thought that the mouse click on the poll would also update what is shown on the bottom panel. I told her that to update the bottom panel information, you had to either click somewhere else in the map (not on a star) or do a search in the search box. The mouse
click on a poll place is not associated with the bottom panel information. If she assumes that clicking on a poll will update the bottom panel information, chances are likely that other people will think the same way.  I'm very glad she brought this up because it makes a lot of sense.  How do I change the code in the application so that when a user does a mouse click on a poll place that the bottom panel information updates itself as well?  I'm not a coder at all, so if doing this is too complicated, I doubt I'll be able to do it.  If I can't get this to work, at the very least I can add some text somewhere in the application indicating the popup and the bottom panel are not coincident.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ann,

Coding this would be pretty complicated.  I would recommend updating the splash screen with this information.  You can do this by editing the 'SplashScreenMessage:' parameter within the config.js file.  This is located on/around line 68.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ann,

Coding this would be pretty complicated.  I would recommend updating the splash screen with this information.  You can do this by editing the 'SplashScreenMessage:' parameter within the config.js file.  This is located on/around line 68.

0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

Okay.  That's all I needed to know.  Thank you Jake!

0 Kudos