Space Time Cube not working

Jump to solution
05-12-2015 06:11 PM
JohnWarden
New Contributor III

I'm trying to run the Create Space Time Cube script but it fails. The error message in the geoprocessing results message is:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 372, in execute

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\ArcToolBoc\Scripts\SSCube.py, line 1262, in_init_

cubeStr,cubeFactor=UTILS.distanceUnitInfo[self.x.units.upper()]

KeyError: u'MILE'

Failed to execute (CreateSpaceTimeCube)

I have a point dataset of 10,500 records that are projected, with a date field. I extracted about 800 of these and tried running on a smaller dataset but that produced the same error message. I downloaded and installed the required patch for this tool before I tried to run it the first time.

I input required parameters and also let the program define all the optional parameters, but I always get the same result.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JohnWarden
New Contributor III

Tech Support identified the projection as the problem. I was using Albers Equal Area with miles as the unit. Tech Support changed the projection to Web Mercator Sphere with meters as the unit and it works.

JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

I'm glad they got it figured out for you!

We found a typo in the code that handles projection conversion.  The majority use meters and feet and it turns out we didn't have a test for miles and we missed it.  Good catch and apologies for the inconvenience... we have fixed this for future releases.

-Jenora

SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Oh, so mile should have been miles?

0 Kudos
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

Mmmm... not quite exactly, but a letter S was definitely the problem

0 Kudos
JohnWarden
New Contributor III

Many thanks to all for their input...and especially to Jenora for a very timely response and resolution.

0 Kudos