Select to view content in your preferred language

Conditional Sequential Gaussian Simulation

09-22-2014 01:16 PM
PeterWilson
Regular Contributor

I'm currently busy with my Masters Thesis where I'm looking into the uncertainty within DEM's generated from different source datasets for hydrological modelling. I came accross the following paper:http://www.hydrol-earth-syst-sci.net/14/1153/2010/hess-14-1153-2010.pdf by THengl 2010. The auther used point datasets to generate the DEM and to generate the variogram model. I've got very little experience in Geostatistics and need help\advice from the community if I can apply the following by converting my DEM to points for the variogram model. Two of the three DEMs will be generated from contours (generated from stereo images and 3D river centrelines), the third DEM is the hydroSHEDS STRM 90m DEM. The reason for choosing the following is based on the current research that I've done so far and determining the uncertainty within the location of the generated river network from two flow routing algorithms (SFD = Single Flow Direction and MFD = Multiple Flow Direction).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Peter... You might consider converting your point data into numpy arrays using featureclasstonumpyarray and look at using numpy for some of your work or install SciPy and explore its tools.

0 Kudos