Re: Can you use Site Scan on a drone with an attached screen?

01-02-2023 05:06 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Nico,

So I have this dji pro 4 v2 with a screen attached controller. Do I understand correctly that I can not use site scan on an ipad?

If that is the case, how can I upload a flightplan to the drone?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards, Bert (owning a Pro4 and sitescan)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @BertKraan1 , 

The drone you have is a DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2"+"(Plus). You are correct that its controller with the built-in screen does not support connection to an iPad.
My understanding is that it does not support any third-party applications to be installed, or even DJI's own GS Pro app.  

Unfortunately, unless there have been changes I'm not aware of, your only good option is to purchase a DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 (not "+") controller and pairing to your drone, which will then allow you to use Site Scan Flight. 
You can also attempt to capture images manually and upload them to Site Scan, but that's unlikely to yield good results. 

Regards,
Nico 

0 Kudos
troyg
by
New Contributor

From what I understand, Site Scan only works on iOS products and the "Plus" controller is an android based operating system.  I've got that same setup and only been able to successfully load the "Amazon App Store" to it then you can add something like "Litchi" which allows for some preplanned flights.   I had to end up buying a regular controller for my P4P V2.0 to fly preplanned missions.  

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

We ended up buying an SDK controller (original controller for sale).

Everything is fine now. Buyer beware if you order a Phantom 4 RTK, make sure the package comes with an SDK controller.

Bert

0 Kudos