Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbolizing in Scene Viewer

Jump to solution
05-10-2024 10:32 AM
Labels (1)
BryanPreston
New Contributor III

I'm new to using Scene Viewer in AGOL, so I hope this is an elementary question despite my getting stuck. 

I'm trying to extrude based on an attribute (a subset of population) -- simply to visualize the magnitude of population. And also I'd like to apply symbology for graduated quantity classes of a percent attribute (in this case % served by a state programs). 

This is simple to do in ArcGIS Pro (see screenshot), but the options don't seem to be available in AGOL, where only extrusion is available but not any second variable color symbolizing. Any tips?

BryanPreston_0-1715361750295.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GianlucaMiele1
Esri Contributor

Hello @BryanPreston and thanks for your question.

The options in Scene Viewer are not identical to the ones available in ArcGIS Pro.
Did you try to apply the style `3D Counts and Amounts` to your data in Scene Viewer? With this style, you can extrude (either to a fixed height or based on attribute values) and apply a second variable for color symbolizing.

GianlucaMiele1_0-1715932283338.png

Let us know if this helps.

Gianluca Miele | Senior Product Engineer Web 3D
Esri

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GianlucaMiele1
Esri Contributor

Hello @BryanPreston and thanks for your question.

The options in Scene Viewer are not identical to the ones available in ArcGIS Pro.
Did you try to apply the style `3D Counts and Amounts` to your data in Scene Viewer? With this style, you can extrude (either to a fixed height or based on attribute values) and apply a second variable for color symbolizing.

GianlucaMiele1_0-1715932283338.png

Let us know if this helps.

Esri
BryanPreston
New Contributor III

Thanks for replying - yes, that worked! I knew it was simple, but didn't understand that the "Choose the main attribute to visualize" step was independent of the choosing of the 3d Count and Amount extrusion field. 

It would be nice if we could customize the height of the extrusion, like in Pro where you can build and expression. Is that possible in AGOL at this point?

0 Kudos
GianlucaMiele1
Esri Contributor

It would be nice if we could customize the height of the extrusion, like in Pro where you can build and expression. Is that possible in AGOL at this point?

This is on our roadmap but not yet scheduled for a specific release of Scene Viewer.

A workaround for hosted-feature layers would be to add additional fields to the layer and calculate its values using expressions.

Esri
0 Kudos