Features randomly disappear in Scene Viewer

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (2)
malte
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am having issues with the visualization of Feature Layers in Scene Viewer. I am using a local scene with EPSG 2169. When zooming in, features randomly disappear.

The dev console shows the warning

[esri.views.3d.layers.graphics.Graphics3DCore] Graphic in layer 18fed015879-layer-12 has incompatible spatial reference and will not render

Does anyone know something about this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the information! I can't say for sure but based on your description, what you may be experiencing is a reduction in displayed features which can trigger if a lot of features are loaded and memory consumption gets too high. This depends on the device being used, among other factors. 

However, we can let you know if we're able to repro this and it appears there's another cause/issue.

Thanks,

Dani

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to provide a code snippet? That may help us understand what's going on.

Thanks,

Dani

0 Kudos
malte
by
New Contributor II

Hi dani,

I don't have any code for that, this is just a FeatureService opened in the built-in Scene Viewer in ArcGIS Portal 11.2

0 Kudos
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Would you be able to share a link to the feature layer you're using? That will help us try reproduce this behavior. 

0 Kudos
malte
by
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, I can't share the link to this service due to sensitive information.

I looked a bit more into it and noticed two things. First, the issue does not appear with the same data, but published as a hosted feature layer instead of a feature layer that references an enterprise geodatabase. Also, if I apply a filter to the layer, the error appears a lot less frequently. It seems to me that the more features in total are requested, the more problems with drawing in the scene appear. As all our users only see subsets of the data, it's not a big issue for now.

0 Kudos
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the information! I can't say for sure but based on your description, what you may be experiencing is a reduction in displayed features which can trigger if a lot of features are loaded and memory consumption gets too high. This depends on the device being used, among other factors. 

However, we can let you know if we're able to repro this and it appears there's another cause/issue.

Thanks,

Dani

0 Kudos