Select to view content in your preferred language

Event Editor Refresh Frequency

04-06-2022 09:29 AM
AaronFerrari
New Contributor II

I am using Event Editor 10.8.1 and Google Chrome for the browser. When working in Event Editor a message appears, seemingly at random, that requests a page refresh (Reload.png). Clicking "RELOAD" refreshes the page and requires I sign back in to Portal. The message can be dismissed by simply clicking elsewhere. However, any attempt to save after clearing the message results in a different error about access tokens (Tokens.png). Both options result in lost edits.

I cannot seem to find a pattern or anything to pinpoint what is causing this. Duration between messages ranges from 15 - 60+ minutes. This has been happening for over a year. I can be signed into Portal all day working on other tasks and never have to refresh/login.

If anyone has any similar experience or ideas of how to resolve this, thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
MichaelClement
New Contributor II

We have this same type of issue but it happens about once per day around the same time.  Usually between 11 and 11:30.  An it happens to several users but at slightly different times for each user.  

0 Kudos
zhangjinzhou
New Contributor II

It looks like this error is related ArcGIS Enterprise TokenGenerate services.

ArcGIS Enterprise authenticate Event Editor with the following steps:

1. When a user opens event editor, browser redirects to ArcGIS Portal login page. With username and password provided by the user, ArcGIS Portal grants a portal token and a refresh token.

2. Event Editor uses the portal token to exchange a server access token and then uses the access token to read and write data through map server.

3. In approximately every 17 minutes, Event Editor uses the refresh token to get a new portal token  and exchanges a access token. P.S. the refresh token and access token expires in 30 minutes by default.

We see this error probably because Event Editor encountered an issue while getting one of the tokens. To diagnose it, you can open an inspector of Event Editor in chrome and go to Network tab. After 17 mins, you should able to see getAccessToken and generateToken in the list. A red color indicates the service has an error.

After identifying the error, you can either change settings of Event Editor or ArcGIS Portal to fix it.

0 Kudos