Select to view content in your preferred language

Creation of a new LRS without existing data?

12-01-2023 08:49 AM
DavidWinsett
New Contributor II

Good morning, everyone. My name is David Winsett, I'm with the Clemson University Facilities GIS department. I'm currently trying to build our first LRS of our roads for the road maintenance department here. I was wondering if anyone would happen to have a workflow on how to build a simple LRS from the ground up. I am currently running Arc Pro 3.2.0, along with just a simple shape file of the centerlines of the roads.

Thank you very much for your time and help,

David Winsett

4 Replies
RyanKoschatzky
Regular Contributor

David,

SCDOT is going through an upgrade to Pro doing similar work. I would recommend talking to Emily Watts (wattsek_scdot.org replace _ with @)  about the work they are doing.

HTH,

Ryan

DavidWinsett
New Contributor II

Thank you so much!

NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

You can follow the high level steps in this topic https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/roads-highways/create-the-lrs-networks-and-... to create an LRS, LRS Networks, load the roads from your shape file, and create calibration points to convert them into routes.

The Create LRS, Create LRS Network, Create LRS Event, and Create LRS Intersection GP tools don't require you to model your schema in advance and will create the required feature classes and tables for you when the tool runs.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

DavidWinsett
New Contributor II

That is awesome to hear! Thank you

0 Kudos