Does R Bridge Need ArcGIS Notebook

Jump to solution
08-25-2021 07:56 AM
Labels (2)
JeffreyOlandt
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm researching ArcGIS Notebook and the R Bridge for my department's plan of an enterprise setup. Unless I missed it in all the documentation I've read, I can not confirm if the R Bridge does or does not require ArcGIS Notebook for a possible plan.  I am curious to know, does R and the R bridge require an ArcGIS Notebook server configured in the enterprise portal if we are only looking to run published Web Tools and or Geoprocessing tools?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Jeffrey,

R-ArcGIS Bridge does not require ArcGIS Notebook server but it does require an ArcGIS Pro license. If you are interested in utilizing R in Enterprise here is the documentation for deploying R in Enterprise Server:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/deploying-r-for-arcgis-serve...

Note that these instructions are for R-Kernel only. If you want to deploy R notebooks, you will need to install IR-Kernel separately.

As per deployed R-base webtools, once R is deployed with the setup steps in the document above, these tools can be run without issues. If you run into problems or want the development team to be aware of your project needs, you can always reach us at R_bridge@esri.com 

Best,

Orhun

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Jeffrey,

R-ArcGIS Bridge does not require ArcGIS Notebook server but it does require an ArcGIS Pro license. If you are interested in utilizing R in Enterprise here is the documentation for deploying R in Enterprise Server:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/deploying-r-for-arcgis-serve...

Note that these instructions are for R-Kernel only. If you want to deploy R notebooks, you will need to install IR-Kernel separately.

As per deployed R-base webtools, once R is deployed with the setup steps in the document above, these tools can be run without issues. If you run into problems or want the development team to be aware of your project needs, you can always reach us at R_bridge@esri.com 

Best,

Orhun

0 Kudos