Select to view content in your preferred language

WebView not working after running macdeployqt.

01-14-2021 12:57 PM
JeremyRoberts2
New Contributor III

Hello!  I wondering if someone can help.  If I create a basic QtQuick based QML app (non-arcgis), when I run macdeployqt and make my .app, the WebView works fine.  But when I use the ArcGIS template to create my app and run macdeployqt and make my .app, WebView does not.  Both work fine when running within Qt Creator.  The issue with the ArcGIS based app is only when deploying.  Is there some special step I need to include to make WebView work on an ArcGIS based app after running macdeployqt?

Please see the two attached projects as examples.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

We hit a similar issue, but I was able to reproduce the problem standalone. So either what you are seeing is a red herring or we are hitting different issues. In my case, the WebEngineProcess wasn't getting copied from the Qt Kit to my app bundle:

To workaround, I went into my Qt Kit and grabbed "QtWebEngineProcess.app" and copied it to: AppName.app\Contents\Frameworks\QtWebEngineCore.framework\Helpers\QtWebEngineProcess.app

This seems to be the Qt issue I was hitting - https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-86759 

0 Kudos
JeremyRoberts2
New Contributor III

Hi Lucas,

Your reply was very enlightening.  I was not aware of this helper .app.  So I looked at the package contents and in my case, the WebEngineProcess.app helper actually is getting copied in correctly.  What appears to be happening is that if I sign the whole app package, it somehow corrupts that WebEngineProcess.app helper.  Before signing, it is approx 26kb and runs fine.  After signing it becomes 48kb and the webview no longer works.  Any idea what is going on here?  True, if I subsequently manually copy back over WebEngineProcess.app in /Helpers it starts working again.  But one would think the signing process shouldn't break it.  The command I am using to sign our app package is...

codesign --keychain $home/Library/Keychains/login.keychain --deep --force --verbose --timestamp -s "mysigningkey" --entitlements $PROJSOURCEROOT/mac/entitlements.plist --options runtime WebViewTest.app

0 Kudos