Update GPS lat, long coord using arcgis

Jump to solution
08-25-2022 02:42 AM
xjadenz
New Contributor

Hello, I'm new to arcgis. I need help/advise on how to update GPS lat, long coord to update my new location on my map. I can't find any example to update except using NMEA method. I'm using QML for this. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gela
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Aha! There are a number of samples that should help you with your goal of using external GPS coordinates to update your location on the map.

Display device location with autopan modes: Retrieve and show your current position on the map

Show device location using indoor positioning: Since you mentioned GPS you probably want the first suggestion. But  FYI this sample retrieves and shows your real time position indoors using IPS from indoor positioning beacons. Intended for navigating indoors within buildings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If your location is on the map display you can simply run Add XY Coordinates to get the coordinates with little effort.

0 Kudos
Gela
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

To be clear, are you trying to set your viewpoint to a different x,y value? If yes, here's the Change viewpoint sample which showcases that workflow.

Otherwise, if you could share more details on what you are trying to accomplish or even a snippet of the code you're working on, I may be able to assist. 

0 Kudos
xjadenz
New Contributor

Sorry for the confusion, what I wanted to achieve is to use an external GPS coordinate to update my location on the map using locationDisplay method to display instead of using the NMEA method. I try to find examples for it but only have the NMEA method. 

0 Kudos
Gela
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Aha! There are a number of samples that should help you with your goal of using external GPS coordinates to update your location on the map.

Display device location with autopan modes: Retrieve and show your current position on the map

Show device location using indoor positioning: Since you mentioned GPS you probably want the first suggestion. But  FYI this sample retrieves and shows your real time position indoors using IPS from indoor positioning beacons. Intended for navigating indoors within buildings.

0 Kudos
xjadenz
New Contributor

Thanks. I will take a look at it.

0 Kudos