ServiceFeatureTable Timeout?

08-22-2019 12:30 PM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have am connected to our company portal and I have a serviceFeatureTable (onlineFeatureTable) that I set to one of my maps operationallayers and then regularly query and get results from it

onlineQueryID = serviceFeatureTableX.queryFeaturesWithFieldOptions(fieldsQueryParameters, Enums.QueryFeatureFieldsLoadAll);

This query normally returns results when its feature status is updated and Does Something with it

Connections {
        target: onlineFeatureTable

onQueryFeaturesStatusChanged: {
            if (onlineFeatureTable.queryFeaturesStatus === Enums.TaskStatusCompleted) {
                Do Something

}
            else if (onlineFeatureTable.queryFeaturesStatus === Enums.TaskStatusErrored){
                ERROR
            }
            else
            {
                  Enums.TaskStatusInProgress
            }
        }
    }‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

This above normally works.  But it seems that after about a half hour or so, my table never returns any results, I get the TaskStatusInProgress back from the Tables FeaturesStatusChanged Property, but never anything else.  The only way I can get this to reset is to run the logic to rebuild my ServiceFeatureTable, but I never know when to do this.  Is there a timeout or something on the ServiceFeatureTable that I can catch or monitor, or some status that I can get on the table to know if it is "Stagnant" in some way. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MKa
by

I am still working on this issue.  It seems to happen that when I go offline (airplane mode) on my app, and then come back online, my servicefeaturetable seems to lose the connection and is unable to reestablish that connection.  I know this because I can use the same definition query on that table and it works, but if I change the query no results are returned.  I can also clear the cache on the table and no results are returned.  I need a quick way to reestablish this connection or know that the connection or the table is not updating or syncing up any longer?

Is there someway in which I can tell the ServiceFeatureTable to "Reestablish connection"?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

There's no way in the API to force reestablishing connection - once online again, the layer should work as expected automatically. Are you able to share a reproducer app that showcases the issue? If you have Esri Support, I suggest you contact them and they can help you work through the issue and get a bug logged in our system if there indeed is an issue - https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

0 Kudos
MKa
by

It is simple to reproduce on our end.  I just have a map with a number of layers.  I set up a ServiceFeatureTable based on the .table of one of those layers.  I use that layer to do a queryExpression and get some results.  But if I take my phone to AirPlane mode and then back to nonAirPlane mode.  I am no longer able to query that ServiceFeatrueTable  with anything other than its cached values.

0 Kudos
MKa
by

I think this might be more of a portal related issue?  I am trying to reconnect to the portal and get a new token.  I just set up a button to do this, so after I turn airplane mode off then on, i hit the button.  I keep getting this error in the messages and i can't reconnect unless I shut down the app and reopen.  Which is not an option for me.  This is using the NetworkRequest functionality

void __cdecl NetworkAccessManagerAuth::invokeNetworkError(const class QUrl &,int,const class QString &) QUrl("https://cccccccccccxxxxx/arcgis/sharing/rest/generateToken") 99 "Network access is disabled."

QIODevice::read (QDisabledNetworkReply): device not open

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Network: void __cdecl NetworkRequest::setErrorCode(int) 99

0 Kudos