Select to view content in your preferred language

identifyLayers crash

yesterday
VittorioBarulli
Emerging Contributor

I found a bug in the library,

by using enclayers for s57, when using identifyLayers for searching objects represented in the map a crash occurs. 

By trying to understand if I was making something wrong, I found that the bug happens if an identifyLayers is running and the user move the map. 
I was able to reproduce this using arcgis V100.15 and V200.3.
The same happens by using identifyLayers (deprecated) or identifyLayersAsync (new method).

I tried to find a workaround, but there is no way to solve this. I think it should be corrected in the library:

• I tryed to intercept the begin of maps movement operation (navigatingChanged event) to protect the identifyLayers operation. but No luck
  • I removed all my code, just to be sure that was not a problem of mine. 

Does someone have idea to solve it?

In attachment there is a simple software (made with QtCreator) that issues identifyLayers requests and moves the cartography position, the crash timing is randomic but it always happens within a minute after start.

N.B.: I tried to contact directly the customer-care, but they answered:
Unfortunately, the information you provided does not appear to be a report of a bug

I think they answered without trying the attached source code. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bnoble0110
Esri Contributor

Hey @VittorioBarulli,

I think you left your API key in the example code you provided. You may want to remove that and repost the code. 

0 Kudos