Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoprocessing package MultiValue type changes to GPString

03-11-2019 04:23 PM
MichaelReese
New Contributor

I am trying to create a geoprocessing package with a list of FeatureSets as the output. I manage to get the model working in ArcMap and it functions as expected. I then used the share as tool to create the geoprocessing package and it runs properly in ArcMap.

The problem arises when I attempt to use the geoprocessing package as a service in Local Server. The service says that the output type is "GPMultiValue:GPString". I can't use the output because it isn't actually a string so the value is empty in the sdk. If I call execute from the service url given I see the list of feature sets with all of their fields as JSON output, but the type says string.

If I return a single FeatureSet it has the correct type(GPFeatureRecordSetLayer) and works, but something goes wrong when I try to use a MultiValue.

If anyone else has seen this problem before and has any idea how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

tldr: local server geoprocessing service changes type from Multivalue:FeatureSet to GPMultiValue:GPString

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies