Select to view content in your preferred language

3D scene anti-aliasing

3 weeks ago
Labels (3)
rubenp02
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm trying to enable anti-aliasing for the 3D scene view (the globe) but so far, I haven't found a single way to do this. Not much in terms of references to this problem online, and a single enum of different anti-aliasing levels in the docs that seems unapplicable to the SceneQuickView. I've also noticed that all demos lack anti-aliasing, including those using other native frameworks such as .NET.

I've tried to set it application-wide through OpenGL before the QApplication is instanced, I've tried the QML antialiasing property, nothing works. Is anti-aliasing just unsupported? Seems like a pretty big deal if so.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @rubenp02 

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. We do not expose any API to do anti-aliasing. We have plans to add anti-aliasing in certain cases. Can you please provide an example of what exactly you're looking for and how they are affecting your workflows? We can factor them in a future release based on the criticality of the issue. 

Please reach out to us in case of more queries.

Regards,

Koushik

0 Kudos
rubenp02
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for the response. I’m looking to have a way to enable anti-aliasing for the entire 3D view (the SceneView element), including the 3D globe and any 3D graphics that may be rendered on top. This issue doesn’t affect the functionality or any workflows, it’s purely aesthetic, but I consider anti-aliasing to be a pretty essential graphics setting in this day and age. In fact, without it and other essential features (like the camera focal length or a way to make its projection orthographic) the SDK’s SceneView won’t fit our requirements and we’ll have to develop our own 3D globe. I understand that it’s a low priority issue, however.

Have a nice day,

Rubén

0 Kudos