Select to view content in your preferred language

XYTableToPoint not working in a linux CentOS env.

Jump to solution
06-06-2022 06:35 PM
HenriqueJoner
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

I'm trying to move most of mine arcpy standalone scripts from my desktop machine (Windows, ofc) to my ArcGIS Server machine (linux CentOS).

But i'm getting an error when trying to use XYTableToPoint: 

ERROR 000732: Feature Class Location: Dataset \home\servicos\GEODATABASES\ATUALIZA_RESUMOS.gdb does not exist or is not supported
Failed to execute (CreateFeatureclass).

Failed to execute (XYTableToPoint).

This is a sample code from where i'm getting this error. 

import arcpy

df_fato = r"/home/servicos/GEODATABASES/ATUALIZA_RESUMOS.gdb/df_fato"
df_fato_feature = r"/home/servicos/GEODATABASES/ATUALIZA_RESUMOS.gdb/df_fato_feature"

arcpy.management.XYTableToPoint(in_table = df_fato, out_feature_class = df_fato_feature, x_field="LNG", y_field="LAT", z_field="")

This same script works very well in my windows env, but i'm getting this weird output in linux.

Bellow my windows arcpy script that work pretty well.

import arcpy
df_fato = r"C:\\ArcGIS_Projects\\Atualiza_Resumo\\Atualiza_Resumo.gdb\\df_fato"
df_fato_feature = r"C:\\ArcGIS_Projects\\Atualiza_Resumo\\Atualiza_Resumo.gdb\\df_fato_feature"

arcpy.management.XYTableToPoint(in_table=df_fato, out_feature_class=df_fato_feature, x_field="LNG", y_field="LAT", z_field="", coordinate_system="GEOGCS[\"GCS_WGS_1984\",DATUM[\"D_WGS_1984\",SPHEROID[\"WGS_1984\",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PRIMEM[\"Greenwich\",0.0],UNIT[\"Degree\",0.0174532925199433]];-400 -400 1000000000;-100000 10000;-100000 10000;8.98315284119521E-09;0.001;0.001;IsHighPrecision")

In my linux env the "ATUALIZA_RESUMO.gdb" was created by CreateFileGDB_management method, but in windows it was created by ArcGIS PRO.

Would love some help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HenriqueJoner
Occasional Contributor

Just found what was causing this issue, on Traceback i saw that arcpy was trying to get "Data Management Tools.tbx" from a Windows path folder... just add arcpy.ImportToolbox("~right linux path /Data Management Tolls.tbx") on my script and bingo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DonMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

I would try to run ListWorkspaces to see if arcpy is able to find any workspaces, then deal with why it can't find yours. It is odd that the slashes are being reversed.

0 Kudos
HenriqueJoner
Occasional Contributor

Just found what was causing this issue, on Traceback i saw that arcpy was trying to get "Data Management Tools.tbx" from a Windows path folder... just add arcpy.ImportToolbox("~right linux path /Data Management Tolls.tbx") on my script and bingo.

0 Kudos