viewing raster information for many rasters

Jump to solution
10-28-2016 10:41 AM
DCWORK_GIS
New Contributor III

Is there a way to view a compilation of the properties (raster data properties) for multiple rasters? (Or any set of feature data?) I have 18 DEMs that I want to mosaic, but I want to double check the pixel-depth, pixel-type and pyramid levels for all of them before I create the mosaic. I know you can double-click the layer to bring up the properties window, then select raster data and read the data, but that's a lot of clicking... Is there a tool or script that can compile a summary of data points for all the DEM files?

Ideally, if it's scriptable, I'd love if someone could point me in the right direction to learn how to write a script that could do it. I can work with Python, VBScript, and most likely any other supported language.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

arcpy help

What is ArcPy?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Describe properties Describe—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Raster properties Raster Dataset properties—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

So essentially select your folder/geodatabase and use ListRasters to get each raster in turn, get the describe property and pull out what you need, assemble, print and save

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

arcpy help

What is ArcPy?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Describe properties Describe—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Raster properties Raster Dataset properties—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

So essentially select your folder/geodatabase and use ListRasters to get each raster in turn, get the describe property and pull out what you need, assemble, print and save