UpdateCursor - Python GP Tool Help

03-25-2019 09:23 AM
AndrewLamers1
New Contributor

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What is the relationship between the table and feature class?  It sounds like if you were to join the table to the feature class through item that is the relationship?  Perhaps you could clarify?  If there is a possibility for a join, I would refer you to Richard Fairhurst's https://community.esri.com/blogs/richard_fairhurst/2014/11/08/turbo-charging-data-manipulation-with-...

That should just about do it....
AndrewLamers1
New Contributor

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

There is no relationship between the two, the points will be collected via Collector and the table is pre-populated with budget information.  I want to push the quantities from the points into the table based on item name AND matching column name (which is captured in the user entry).

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

There is no relationship between the two...  

I want to push the quantities from the points into the table based on item name AND matching column name 

It sounds to me like there is a relationship between the two, but you know your data better than I do....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
AndrewLamers1
New Contributor

Sorry, I meant there isn't relationship within the database, i.e. no relationship class, not a related table.
There is a relationship in that the table is a summary of pre-populated budgeting information (not included in the point layer) and is to be updated with the quantities logged within the point feature class.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have a FGDB containing 2 feature classes (1 table, 1 point).

For future reference, tables are tables, not feature classes:  feature class| Definition - Esri Support GIS Dictionary 

[ESRI software] In ArcGIS, a collection of geographic features with the same geometry type (such as point, line, or polygon), the same attributes, and the same spatial reference.

Beyond knowing you have a table and a feature class, it is unclear what you are trying to do because the term "table" appears to be referencing the table and feature class.  It is helpful if you describe the structure of each, e.g., feature class A has fields x, y, z; and table B has fields m, n, and y.