Scheduling a Model with Python When Feature Services are in ArcGIS Online

06-27-2019 10:56 AM
ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a model that updates my symbology on a daily basis to make it easier for techs on the field find their sampling sites. Currently, I am running the model manually but I would like to schedule it to run while we are away from the office at night. I found this page covers most of the process but the example provided seems to reference input and out put folders stored locally on a PC. It has the following code:

import arcpy arcpy.ImportToolbox(r"C:\path\myToolbox.tbx", "tbxAlias") arcpy.myModel_tbxAlias(r"c:\pathToInput\inputFolder", r"C:\pathToGdb\output.gdb")

I'm confused about the input folder and out put folder arguments. I built the model in ArcGIS Pro but the feature services are in my office's ArcGIS Online portal. Do I need to reference the project folder where the model is saved or do I need to somehow reference the ArcGIS Online feature services that the model will be updating? If the latter, how do I reference ArcGIS Online feature services. Do I use the REST API?

Thank you for any help you can offer. I have learned so much on this forum and though I have no formal GIS training I have been able to solve a lot of problems with your help. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with Python yet.

0 Kudos
0 Replies