New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Please, could you help me to import numpy model without any error like this:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think you also have python 2.7 installed from the look at the upper portion of the image.

I would remove it, remove python 3.8 as well, uninstall anything esri related and do a clean install of Pro.

There are deep learning frameworks that you can install for Pro

See

install-deep-learning-frameworks .... read this first .... 

then see this link

deep-learning-framework-install on GitHub 

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

see the last line.... go to the https: // tinyurl.com/y3m3h86  link

... sort of retired...
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Thank you @DanPatterson for your reply. However, I am still not able to find the solution, indeed.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should report on the numpy version that you are using....

Due to a windows "bug" that affects some "stuff" (to make it short), the only known workaround until a new windows update is done, you have to install numpy 1.19.3 if you have 1.19.4 installed since the numpy team (see Mattip 's comments)

conda install numpy==1.19.3

from your conda environment, or you can even use pip install according to Mattip.

To check your numpy version, use this in your python ide

import numpy as np
np.version.version
# ---- mine yields ... '1.19.2'
# since I am waiting for the windows fix and numpy 1.20

You may also be having issues since you are using python 3.8.x which means that you aren't using a conda distribution that came with ArcGIS Pro and all those deep learning-ish packages are based on their distribution.

If this is the case, uninstall everything, reinstall Pro and use their conda distribution, their python, and their deep learning and kin packages.  I suspect you are now in the situation of having a hodge-podge of incompatibilities on top of a windows error.

... sort of retired...
Tags (1)
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

First of all, thank you very much for your attention and help. Please, accept my apologies for the delay in my reply.

These what I've got:

p27.pngp38.png

At present, I attend Esri MOOC about ArcGIS Pro (Spatial Data Science). The first section was about introducing Python. After upgrading ArcGIS Pro from 2.5 to 2.6 version I faced a problem in running the model codes because the project environment was different. As I remember it was Deep Learning. The team helped me and thereafter I was able to run the Python codes. However, I removed the deep learning framework/package that it was installed to get the project environment (arcgispro-py3). This may be the reason. 

On the other hand, I bought a new book (Python Scripting for ArcGIS Pro) from Esri to learn Python and I try to run some codes as examples and exercises within this book but unfortunately I faced this problem. It is still not solved with Python 3.8.6 shell.

I am afraid when I delete ArcGIS Pro and install it again I may face other issues because I have Arc Map too, and maybe there will be some shared files between them hampering the process.

Any advice!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think you also have python 2.7 installed from the look at the upper portion of the image.

I would remove it, remove python 3.8 as well, uninstall anything esri related and do a clean install of Pro.

There are deep learning frameworks that you can install for Pro

See

install-deep-learning-frameworks .... read this first .... 

then see this link

deep-learning-framework-install on GitHub 

... sort of retired...
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Thank you Dan. I am going to do that soon.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

did you get this resolved?

... sort of retired...