Select to view content in your preferred language

Reg : Mosaic Dataset Copy from one gdb to another

Jump to solution
12-13-2012 09:26 AM
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
All,

What tool should i use to transfer Mosaic Dataset from one file geodatabase to another fiel geodatabase .

I tried using arcpy.Copy_Management(in,out,"MOsaicDataset") . It is breaking the link  ..

Can you please help me out

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
I was able to reproduce the same behavior with ArcGIS Desktop 10 SP 5.  This appears to be resolved at 10.1.  I would recommend following up with Tech Support so they can log this bug, attach your customer information to the bug, and offer any workarounds.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JakeSkinner
Hi Vikram,

The Copy_management will work.  When you initially loaded the rasters into the mosaic dataset, did you use UNC paths?  If not, and you copy the mosaic dataset to another server, the mosaic dataset will not be able to find the rasters. 

You can repair the mosaic dataset paths using the Repair Mosaic Dataset Paths tool and specify a UNC path.
0 Kudos
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
Hi Vikram,

The Copy_management will work.  When you initially loaded the rasters into the mosaic dataset, did you use UNC paths?  If not, and you copy the mosaic dataset to another server, the mosaic dataset will not be able to find the rasters. 

You can repair the mosaic dataset paths using the Repair Mosaic Dataset Paths tool and specify a UNC path.

Hello Jake ,

If I use like below

path = r"\\some.com\world\AppsData\Test\Test1\test.gdb\Test_2010_NC"
arcpy.env.workspace = r"\\some.com\world\AppsData\Source\Test_2010.gdb"
arcpy.Copy_management("Test_2010_NC",path,"MosaicDataset")

I am not able to see the mosaic dataset . I can see boundary feature class and log table in the destination geodatabase ..

Can you let me know whats the problem here . Thanks for the help
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Right-click on your mosaic dataset > Modify > Repair.  Can you send a screen shot of this?
0 Kudos
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
Hi Jake ,

I dunn know whether I can send snapshot . But my source mosaic datasets having UNC Path .. I dunno whats the problem when I use the Copy Tool
0 Kudos
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
Hi Jake ,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19920[/ATTACH]

Thats the output I am getting after running the Copy Tool . I didn't complete the whole Copy Tool Process as it started copying the source data into the destination

Suppose my Source data was in C:\Test\Test1\Test2\Images

If my destination gdb is in D:\temp . Then IT starts creating Folder Test1\Test2\Images (same as source) . Starts copying the images as well ..
0 Kudos
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
Right-click on your mosaic dataset > Modify > Repair.  Can you send a screen shot of this?

Hi Jake ,

Thats the output I am getting after running the Copy Tool . I didn't complete the whole Copy Tool Process as it started copying the source data into the destination

Suppose my Source data was in C:\Test\Test1\Test2\Images

If my destination gdb is in D:\temp . Then IT starts creating Folder Test1\Test2\Images (same as source) . Starts copying the images as well ..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19921[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
What version of ArcGIS Desktop (including Service Packs) are you using?
0 Kudos
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
What version of ArcGIS Desktop (including Service Packs) are you using?

ARcGIS 10 SP 4
0 Kudos
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
ARcGIS 10 SP 4

If i Copy and Paste from ArcCatalog it works perfectly fine .. Is this an issue with geoprocessing tool ?
0 Kudos