Reading Attribute Field Default Value

Jump to solution
08-07-2014 02:51 PM
benberman
Occasional Contributor

I am attempting to read an attribute field's default value and write it to a csv. I was able to write all the properties except for the default value. I am referencing this online resouce:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//018z0000004n000000

If there is something that I am missing or if anyone knows of an alternate solution to help accomplish then I would really appreciate it if you could share it with the community.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

... ...,

The fields default value can be accessed by using field.defaultValue it is just undocumented. See this question that answers this exact question in the Python‌ space:

Default value of field not accessible via arcpy?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

... ...,

You will want to post this ArcPy question in the appropriate space Python‌ and add some tags so that it can be found.

Don Opgenorth‌ please move this to Python space

0 Kudos
DonOpgenorth
Esri Contributor

I've
moved your post into the
  Python space. You will get a much better answer here as the GeoNet Help is intended for community help and feedback. I have also added in a few additional tags. You can see more
on the community structure, and what topics are under each space from the following documents:

GeoNet Community Structure

ArcGIS Discussion Forums Migration Strategy

Thanks!

Don

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

... ...,

The fields default value can be accessed by using field.defaultValue it is just undocumented. See this question that answers this exact question in the Python‌ space:

Default value of field not accessible via arcpy?

0 Kudos