Select to view content in your preferred language

python and spatial analyst

Jump to solution
11-05-2013 01:18 AM
WillemVerhagen
New Contributor
Hi all,

Hope you can help me. i'm doing the online course intro to spatial analyst in ArcMap 10.1.
I have the spatial analyst toolbox installed and active trough the customize windows.

However, when I try to use a command in the python window, e.g. slope, the command is not recognized and I receive an error message. So probably I should load or activate something. however, this is not explained in the intro excercise so I'm rather stuck and could not find anything in the help files.

probably a silly easy question but i hope something is willing to help me out
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi all,

Hope you can help me. i'm doing the online course intro to spatial analyst in ArcMap 10.1.
I have the spatial analyst toolbox installed and active trough the customize windows.

However, when I try to use a command in the python window, e.g. slope, the command is not recognized and I receive an error message. So probably I should load or activate something. however, this is not explained in the intro excercise so I'm rather stuck and could not find anything in the help files.

Hi Willem,

In order to use the "Slope" command you can either write:
arcpy.sa.Slope(in_raster, {output_measurement}, {z_factor}) # using the Slope function from Spatial Analyst

or:

arcpy.Slope_3d(in_raster, out_raster, {output_measurement}, {z_factor}) # using the Slope function from 3D Analyst

...or import the sa (Spatial Analyst) module and call the Slope function directly:

from arcpy.sa import * Slope(in_raster, {output_measurement}, {z_factor})

Kind regards,

Xander

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi all,

Hi Willem,

In order to use the "Slope" command you can either write:
arcpy.sa.Slope(in_raster, {output_measurement}, {z_factor}) # using the Slope function from Spatial Analyst

or:

arcpy.Slope_3d(in_raster, out_raster, {output_measurement}, {z_factor}) # using the Slope function from 3D Analyst

...or import the sa (Spatial Analyst) module and call the Slope function directly:

from arcpy.sa import * Slope(in_raster, {output_measurement}, {z_factor})

Kind regards,

Xander
0 Kudos