pycharm error Process finished with "exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005)"

Jump to solution
04-07-2020 02:52 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to run a script with PyCharm Community Edition 2019.3.3 that buffers a subset of streams, intersects it with a roads layer, and appends it to a feature class. It runs fine for 138 records, at which point I receive an error that says, "Process finished with exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005)".

Computer specs:

x64 3.8 GHz 12 core CPU

32 GB RAM

794 GB free on C drive, 5.19 TB free on data drive

Win10 Enterprise OS

ArcGIS Desktop 10.8

Has anyone seen errors like this?

Thanks,

Pam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Joshua, I got the same error on a different machine w/ArcGIS 10.5, so I tried the procedure directly in ArcMap, using the features in modelbuilder that the script was working with when it crashed. It crashes there too, so I'm doing more investigating. Seems to not like a certain polygon.

2020 April 13 update - I discovered that this was a problem related to a polygon geometry issue. Once I ran Repair Geometry on the buffer polygons, everything ran without further issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are there any Python or ArcPy error codes or tracebacks?  If not, I suggest you run the code in debug mode.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Joshua, I got the same error on a different machine w/ArcGIS 10.5, so I tried the procedure directly in ArcMap, using the features in modelbuilder that the script was working with when it crashed. It crashes there too, so I'm doing more investigating. Seems to not like a certain polygon.

2020 April 13 update - I discovered that this was a problem related to a polygon geometry issue. Once I ran Repair Geometry on the buffer polygons, everything ran without further issues.