Multiple Editor Cursors on Same Table

02-19-2018 01:08 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to have multpile arcpy.da.Editor cursors run on the same enterprise feature class / table simultaneously?  I have a few scripts that are setup to insert a row into the same table.  There are times when a script may run longer than expected and there will be multiple scripts running at the same time.  Through testing it seems like the first script will not have an issue and insert a row without a problem, however, the second script may (or may not) throw an error on startEditing().

This dataset is versioned, so I'm using startEditing(True, True) for the parameters.  I do use del to delete the Editor cursor once stopEditing() has finished.

I'm wondering a couple things:

1) First of all, is having multiple arcpy.da.Editor instances running on the same table an issue?

2) Is startEditing(True, True) the correct / recommended set of parameters to use?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Although it can be beneficial at times to have the scripted workflow different than the corresponding manual/user workflow, in this case I think the scripted workflow should follow the same steps.  If there is a chance that scripts can overlap, I would Create Version—Help | ArcGIS Desktop , Editor—Help | ArcGIS Desktop , and Reconcile Versions—Help | ArcGIS Desktop

0 Kudos