How to specify a zone to perform kriging interpolation using Arcpy?

Jump to solution
05-16-2019 02:48 AM
BaiLi
by
New Contributor

Hi, I am using arcpy to perform kriging interpolation automatically. However, I have to perform kriging in a specific zone. (The default zone cannot cover the area I am interested).

I know how to perform kriging in a specific zone in the GUI. But in kriging function, I can not designate a mask. So I stuck here.

Could you help me? Thanks~

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Have a look at Interpolation of Data Collected Along Lines

also, you will need to clip the output raster to get the slanted rectangle. The interpolation tools use a (post) mask which means that the output is masked after it is created or you can use ExtractByMask.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

An image of your situation would help.

Do the points being interpolated extend beyond the zone?

Have you simplified the dataset via clip or a reset of extent to isolate the zone?

0 Kudos
BaiLi
by
New Contributor

The zone I need differs from the original one. For example, I got a dataset that formed a slanted rectangle, so I need to interpolate in the zone as shown in the figure, while the default interpolated zone is the minimum outer matrices of data points.

The zone I need

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

extents will not be rotated, they are axis-aligned.

I think you will have issues with your interpoint spacing being so small relative to your inter-row interpolation. masking/extracting within the rectangle after any type of interpolation will be a secondary concern

Steve Lynch‌ Does this pattern ring a bell? I can't remember what interpolator would be appropriate

SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Have a look at Interpolation of Data Collected Along Lines

also, you will need to clip the output raster to get the slanted rectangle. The interpolation tools use a (post) mask which means that the output is masked after it is created or you can use ExtractByMask.