Force labels to show

03-04-2014 10:03 AM
DannyLackey
New Contributor II
For the map I'm creating, it's quite zoomed out with all icons/labels appearing quite small (which is what I need).  As small as they are, there are still a few labels that won't show up unless I increase this
df_export_width=20000, df_export_height=20000
.  At this level, the icons dont even touch eachother.  Is there a line I can add to force the labels to show no matter how close the icons are?  Googled around for it, but no luck so far.  Is there a way to programmatically change the label weight?

thx
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshuaChisholm
Occasional Contributor III
Hello Danny,

I think that has to be done manually in ArcMap:
Layer Properties > Labels tab > Placement Properties > Conflict Detection tab > Place overlapping labels

Good luck!
0 Kudos
DannyLackey
New Contributor II
Hello Danny,

I think that has to be done manually in ArcMap:
Layer Properties > Labels tab > Placement Properties > Conflict Detection tab > Place overlapping labels

Good luck!

Thank you.  Hoping this isn't the case.  How about programmatically enabling overlapping labels, then disabling at the end?
0 Kudos
DannyLackey
New Contributor II
No luck so far.  Sounds like it may have something to do with conflict_distance?

Found this, but seems to be in a different language?  Or at least in a different format than I'm used to.  not sure how to apply within my code.  Tried a few things, failed.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/69295-how-to-overlap-labels
0 Kudos