Select to view content in your preferred language

Failure to load Point Feature Class from Arc GIS Online using pd.DataFrame.spatial.from_layer(fLayer)

07-08-2022 08:40 AM
SarahJStrack
New Contributor II

Hi everyone!

I have code that I use to modify local, networked layers using the edits made to those layers online. The code has worked successfully for a long time, but after the most recent updates to Arc GIS Pro and Arc GIS Online I am no longer able to create a pandas dataframe from my point layers online. My code was using the portal URL and username and password to grab the data and put in it a spatially enabled pandas dataframe. (Below are some pictures to clarify, the agol_df is the one having issues.)

SarahJStrack_0-1657294259943.png

SarahJStrack_1-1657294305549.png

Recently I am getting the error:

Could not load the dataset: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'

This is strange to me because I am not doing an integer conversion at any point before this part of the code, and the problem persists no matter what fields I remove from my configuration file. I've tested the code on multiple geodatabases and point featueres, networked and not networked and have gotten the same result.

Strangely, my polyline features still work and can form the pandas table.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated! I'm completely puzzled by this.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RogerDunnGIS
Occasional Contributor II

You mentioned updates to ArcGIS Online, but then you mention you're getting the data from Portal.  Your code also seems to indicate you're accessing portal.  I'll assume that.  You copied and pasted one error, but usually Python returns a call stack.  Could you paste that in?

0 Kudos