ExecuteError: ERROR 000010: Geocode addresses failed. The table already exists.

Jump to solution
12-30-2021 07:26 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Looking up the 000010 Error I don't see anything in connection to "The table already exists". I looked over everything in the one help doc I found and nothing therein seems to be relevant. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/001001-010000/tool-err...

I've been testing this script for a week now and I haven't been hung up on this error. I set OverwriteOutput to True. I'm not using a shapefile anywhere. I'm saving to a GDB. If anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate it!

import arcpy, csv
from arcgis.gis import GIS
import os
portal = r"https://willcountygis.maps.arcgis.com/" #<--Can also reference a local portal
user = 'username'
password = 'password'
arcpy.SignInToPortal(portal,user,password) #<--use this if script is run outside Pro
gis = GIS('https://willcountygis.maps.arcgis.com', 'username', 'password')
arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

'''
1. Grab Waste Recycling Contractor Reporting Form (results from Survey123) feature service and export to table, then save in Default.gdb
'''
layer_name = "Waste Recycling Contractor Reporting Form"
defaultDB = r'\\pathto\Projects\Will County Green\WasteRecyclingReport\Default.gdb'
#Create feature class from input feature service. 
wasteRecyclingReportFS = arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management("https://services.arcgis.com/fGsbyIOAuxHnF97m/arcgis/rest/services/service_e42e606d08284c32bbefd94b6f18764a/FeatureServer/0",
layer_name)

print(f'Survey123 results being exported to table')
#export to table
arcpy.conversion.TableToTable(wasteRecyclingReportFS, defaultDB, 'wasteRecyclingReport')

'''
2. geocode the addresses with the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service
'''
#ArcGIS World Geocoding Service URL
locator = "https://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer/ArcGIS World Geocoding Service"
#Locator parameters
fieldMap = ("'Address or Place' addy VISIBLE NONE;Address2 <None> VISIBLE NONE;Address3 <None> VISIBLE NONE;Neighborhood <None> VISIBLE NONE;City city VISIBLE NONE;County <None> VISIBLE NONE;State state VISIBLE NONE;ZIP zip VISIBLE NONE;ZIP4 <None> VISIBLE NONE;Country <None> VISIBLE NONE")
gcName = "wasteRecyclingReport_geocode"
#newly created table of survey data
in_table = os.path.join(defaultDB, "wasteRecyclingReport")
geocodeResult = os.path.join(defaultDB, gcName)

print(f'Geocoding table')
# perform geocode
arcpy.geocoding.GeocodeAddresses(in_table,locator,fieldMap, geocodeResult, "STATIC", None, "ROUTING_LOCATION", None, "ALL")

Print statements and error:

Survey123 results being exported to table
Geocoding table

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ExecuteError                              Traceback (most recent call last)
In  [1]:
Line 44:    arcpy.geocoding.GeocodeAddresses(in_table,locator,fieldMap, geocodeResult, "STATIC", None, "ROUTING_LOCATION", None, "ALL")

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geocoding.py, in GeocodeAddresses:
Line 519:   raise e

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geocoding.py, in GeocodeAddresses:
Line 516:   retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.GeocodeAddresses_geocoding(*gp_fixargs((in_table, address_locator, in_address_fields, out_feature_class, out_relationship_type, country, location_type, category, output_fields), True)))

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py, in <lambda>:
Line 512:   return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))

ExecuteError: ERROR 000010: Geocode addresses failed.
The table already exists. [wasteRecyclingReport_geocode]
Failed to execute (GeocodeAddresses).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Just an observation, arcpy.conversion.TableToTable() doesn't have a problem with overwriting as you can see from the print statement. So, why is the geocoded table not overwriting?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnMiller7
New Contributor

I don't have an example, but in my experience, this issue can stem from how the path is being passed.

Try to hard code the in_table and geocodeResult variables as a string (rather than path). Alternatively, try passing them as a string object rather than the path object using f-strings. 

# perform geocode
arcpy.geocoding.GeocodeAddresses(f'{in_table}',locator,fieldMap, f'{geocodeResult}', "STATIC", None, "ROUTING_LOCATION", None, "ALL")

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnMiller7
New Contributor

I don't have an example, but in my experience, this issue can stem from how the path is being passed.

Try to hard code the in_table and geocodeResult variables as a string (rather than path). Alternatively, try passing them as a string object rather than the path object using f-strings. 

# perform geocode
arcpy.geocoding.GeocodeAddresses(f'{in_table}',locator,fieldMap, f'{geocodeResult}', "STATIC", None, "ROUTING_LOCATION", None, "ALL")

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@JohnMiller7 

I thought it worked, but I think it only worked because I first removed the table from the FGDB before I ran the script. Once I ran it with that table existing in the FGDB I got the same error.

The way I finally got it to work was to first delete the table before I ran the geocode function.

tables = arcpy.ListTables()
for table in tables:
    arcpy.Delete_management(table)[0]
0 Kudos
Luiiis903
New Contributor

Thank you! Worked through a similar problem with my geocoding script and the f-strings helped solve the problem. I didn't use os.path.join for the input and output. I used r"X:\fullpath"

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@JohnMiller7 

Very good to know, thanks. I put the full path for the in_table variable and it ran successfully.

in_table = r'\\pathto\Projects\Will County Green\WasteRecyclingReport\Default.gdb\wasteRecyclingReport'

0 Kudos