Error 000224 when running Delete Identical on SDE enterprise database

Jump to solution
02-03-2024 03:54 PM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I am attempting to run Delete Identical on a feature hosted on an enterprise geodatabase and keep receiving the Error 000224: Cannot insert features.  This occurs when running from a standalone Python script and running the tool directly in ArcGIS Pro.  I have tried both a user with appropriate permissions and the geodata owner.  If I export the data to a local GDB everything runs great.

LanceCole_0-1707004145355.png

Error 000224 is typically related to mismatched field definitions between incoming features and the output feature class. But this tool modifies the existing feature class, so they should be the same.

This is similar to the issue reported by @MulfordnSons  in arcpy.DeleteIdentical_management does not delete identicals in ESRI sqlite database. However, this was to have been resolved in ArGIS Pro 3.0.  Currently running ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1, the database is hosted on an MS SQL Server as an 11.2 version enterprise database.

Any ideas?

I did submit a support ticket, but it will be Monday or Tuesday before they get back to me.

12 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@BrandenHarding

I updated the BUG-000166278 link above to the correct public format.  It is still showing as under consideration.  As the bug has not yet been prioritized, I would recommend reporting your issue through ESRI support.

ArizonaGIS
New Contributor III

The inability to use this feature is a significant limitation to our workflow. Esri's suggested workaround of exporting data to a file geodatabase, running delete identical, and importing it back into an enterprise geodatabase is unacceptable.

esteele
New Contributor II

Also running into this issue! Not acceptable. This needs to be prioritized and escalated so that a fix is released in the next patch.