Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit Feature Layers Without Arcpy

03-25-2024 05:06 AM
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey All,

Enterprise 11.2

We're attempting to create a Python script that will take information from a feature layer, check to see if it has a certain attribute, if not, it will Geocode that address and then run an intersect based on that XY coordinate to see if it lands in a polygon, if it does, it will copy that polygon and insert it into a different feature layer.

This would be incredibly easy, trivial even with ArcPy, but unfortunately, ArcPy is held behind the Notebook Advanced runtime, and we only have the Standard Runtime.

I am considering using the Python API for ArcGIS, but I was curious if anyone had any ideas before I jumped into that.

I am open to any recommendations or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Cody

2 Replies
Clubdebambos
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Cody,

You can definitely achieve this with the ArcGIS API for Python. If automating in ArcGIS Online/Portal my first port of call would be to use the ArcGIS API for Python. While ArcPy works with Feature Layers, I have found data/table corruptions to occur from time to time, especially with any schema alterations, but never with the API (to date!). Only if something is not achievable with the API, then I switch to ArcPy. 

~ learn.finaldraftmapping.com
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos